Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Second posting!! YAY!

Well, I'm just sitting here waiting on my brother to get off work. My brother, daddy, & I carpool every day. It isn't a bad way to go. First, it's saving money, which by the way is a very important thing right now. Secondly, it's saving the enviorment. I think that more people should carpool if they could, it may be a hassel every once & a while, but it will help in the long run.



First & foremost, I'm not very good at blogging. I usually remember what I want to say before I get on here and when I actually do log in...I forget it. Talk about writers' block. Maybe that's just a sign of getting older. I hope not. LOL Maybe I need to start taking some gingko or drinking some green tea. Maybe that'll help.



Today has been such a lovely day. The weather, work, people has just been wonderful. I just wish every week could be like this. I haven't even had any down time at work, which has made the day go by faster. Sometimes, especially on Thursday & Friday, I am completely bored because I had gotten everything done for the week, but this week, I have decided to "create" some new duties for me to do at work to keep me busy. I have started several new reports to track damage to our trucks & trailers and also, I have created a report that tracks the productivity in the shop. I know that this is just "piddle" work, but I cannot stand to be bored.

Speaking of work, I don't wish bad on anyone, but I heard today that the President of BenchCraft/Berkline got fired today. I hate to hear about anyone loosing their jobs, but I'm proud that he did. He done an awful job and completely destroyed BenchCraft. At one time, my entire family (including myself) worked at BenchCraft. I first started as a engineering analyst then was promoted to Scheduling Analyst, & finally was promoted to market coordinator. I worked my tail off to make sure the samples get to and from all of our markets. Then all of a sudden Berkline bought Benchcraft and it started going down hill after that. One by one, my family was picked off, when only one person left...my brother. My grandfather who had worked there for 27 years was forced to retire. Berkline didn't care about BenchCraft...they just wanted the name. They didn't care that it was the heart of Tippah County..they didn't care about how they would hurt thousands of Northeast Mississippi families. All they cared about is greed. Money, money money! That's a crying shame. BenchCraft had a quailty product and Berkline was worried that we were going to take their business and so, they bought us and gobbled us up. I don't wish bad on the hard working, blue collared people in Morristown, TN because for them I am hoping that Berkline is doing good, but to the Presidents & Vice Presidents of Berkline. They can all go to hell in a handbasket. You may say that I'm bitter, hell yeah, I'm bitter. They put thousands of my family & friends out of a job just for a name. I could never buy anything Berkline because I would know what they done to people. Don't buy Berkline..they are an evil company.

Ok...sorry for my rant there. I just had to get that out. LOL

Well, so much for my second posting. Sorry for the little temper tantrum, but I think it's sorry how the corporations of this great country of ours is destroying the nation.

Well, hope your St. Patrick's Day went good..don't drink too much green beer!

Later,

Johnathon

No comments:

Post a Comment