Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Class Reunion update 3/18/2009

Ok..here's the deal. I think I've set my expectations way too high. I would have thought everyone (especially my closest friends) would be excited the way I am about planning our high school reunion. I think I am probably wrong.

I have been looking forward to this since 2005. I've been checking out things to do, what do to, etc. I have some great plans, but if no one shows up then what is the use. I guess I'm just discouraged right now.

We are having a planning & organizational meeting on Friday at MiPueblo in Ripley. I am making reunion planning booklets & I even put an ad in the Southern Sentinel. So far, only one person has even contacted me about this and they said that "might" come. Then one of my dearest friends in high school told me that she was not going to come because it was the duties of the class officers to plan the reunion. I understand where she is coming from, but with that I'm scared that I'm going to end up planning & setting up everything by myself. Our President & Treasurer doesn't even care...which I knew that would happen & our Secretary & Reporter has families & careers so I know that they are busy, which is understandable. I just want to get people involved so that people will show up & have a good time. I wanted to gain a concensus of the class, to plan this sucker, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I don't want this to be like the PGHS Class of 1998 reunion where from what I heard that hardly no one showed up.

Well, maybe if we can decide on a date & a place then I could plan the rest. I've already got a great caterer in mind & great decorating & party ideas...maybe that's the fag in me. Who knows. We will find out on Friday night.

Well, I hope you have a great Wednesday...HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Later,

Johnathon

No comments:

Post a Comment